Excelsior’s mission is to administer USAV Regional programs and to promote volleyball as a lifetime activity. We define success in carrying through this mission by the following:
- Competitive teams that are active in all age and gender groups, across all levels of play
- Tournaments, coaches and officials of the highest quality
- The organization and its members are respected by parents, administrators, and coaches of school and college athletic programs
- The organization is respected by and has the active involvement of its members, coaches and officials
- The organization and its members are a source of information and support for volleyball activities for non-USAV organizations
- The organization is financially and operationally stable
Consistent with that Mission Statement and USAV goals, Excelsior operates programs including adult competition, juniors competition, juniors high performance, referees development and coaches development. Excelsior goals include addition of programs for beach / outdoor, colleges, player development, and outreach to other (non-USAV) local volleyball programs.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Excelsior Board of Directors is comprised of elected and appointed directors.
- Elections take place each year, with elected board members serving 3 or 4 year terms.
- Each member of Excelsior is allowed to vote directly or via proxy.
- There are over one dozen additional appointed positions that coordinate everything from officials to tournaments to insurance and more.
- The Excelsior Board of Directors is always looking for more member involvement.
- Excelsior is incorporated, and registered with the IRS as a not-for-profit organization. Donations ARE accepted!
- Clubs and teams within Excelsior are independently organized, based upon commonality of player goals, geographic convenience, etc. Excelsior can provide lists of team contacts for prospective players and coaches.
- Clubs and teams within Excelsior plan and run all tournaments except the end-of-season Regional Championships. There is no set schedule such as with a league format. Excelsior coordinates the schedule.
- Only USAV members can participate in USAV events, including tryouts, practices and scrimmages.
- The annual membership season begins 9/1. Excelsior welcomes renewals and new members throughout the year.
- Members of USAV / Excelsior are not precluded from participating in volleyball events put on by other organizations, and vice-versa. However, there is no membership reciprocity; USAV insurance only covers USAV members at USAV events, etc.
- The Excelsior website contains most of information and resources necessary for membership, starting a new club, etc. There is also a lot of useful information on the USAV website. Any Excelsior officer (see CONTACT INFO or CONTACT US pages) may be contacted to assist in answering questions and providing guidance.
This corporation shall not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, disability, or age.