USA VOLLEYBALL & SAFESPORT
Committed to Safety for All Participants
The safety of its participants is of paramount importance to USA Volleyball. USA Volleyball has ZERO TOLERANCE for abuse and misconduct. This includes not only on-court safety, but also off-court safety in any part of USA Volleyball’s programs. USA Volleyball is committed to creating safe and fun environments for youth. This includes, but not limited to, providing training, educational materials and resources for our regions, clubs, coaches, parents and athletes.
USAV MAPP: https://usavolleyball.org/safesport/maapp/
USAV SafeSport: https://usavolleyball.org/safesport
USAV SafeSport Reporting Form: https://uscenterforsafesport.org/report-a-concern/
SUMMARY OF USAV AND EXCELSIOR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- All adult members associated with junior clubs and activities – coaches, parents, Tournament Directors, Officials, etc. – must be SafeSport certified.
- It is highly recommended that even all non-member parents should be SafeSport-certified.
- It is highly recommended that each team have at least 2 adults who are SafeSport-certified in order to oversee compliance with SafeSport policies by all involved – coaches, parents, players, etc.
- MMS will only allow adults who are SafeSport-certified to be placed on junior team rosters. It is important for teams to plan for contingencies – illnesses, etc. The SafeSport website may be busy at times, so certification may not be available on short notice.
- Should you need to return to your coursework at a later time, log in to your USAV account and click on the Log into USAV Academy button. For technical issues, while completing the course, please visit: http://help.usavolleyballacademy.org/.
- SafeSport certification is good for 2 USAV seasons – expiring 10/31, aligning with membership.
Chairpersons and Staff